Hello! Lots has happened this week! First off, the family that came to the English ward the last couple of weeks set a date to be baptized! And they are inviting a bunch if family to come and be at the baptism, so they're really committed to it. They're such an awesome family, we're really excited for them. 😊 Then, a few days later, another person we're teaching in the Samoan ward also set a baptismal date! We showed him a video of the Savior being baptized, then at the end we asked him how he felt, and you know what he said? "It makes me feel like I want to get baptized." He's so ready to take this next step towards Christ!
Then, in other news, transfers came. Elder Vaivai and I are still in the same wards, but the English ward used to be split in half with another set of Elders, and now we are covering both half and we're in a trio! Our new companion is Elder Tu'atonga, and he is also from the islands. That's 4 Polynesian companions in a row! Definitely not what I was expecting when I got called to California, it's pretty neat. 😃
We also had a Vietnamese person give us another dragonfruit! I was asking him about how he grew them to start a conversation, and he didn't really understand what I was saying. Then he said the ones on the vine weren't ripe, and he walked inside and grabbed one from his fridge to give to us! They're super yummy, it's texture is like a kiwi, but the taste is more tart. They're really delicious if you sprinkle them with a little sugar. There's a lot of Vietnamese people here in Garden Grove. They are always super nice, they're just super bad at speaking English, and I'm even worse at speaking Vietnamese. So, our conversations never go anywhere.
Then today we had more adventures. I finally went and bought brown shoes. I also bought two pairs of slacks because I ripped a pair and a belt that matched the shoes, which came out to about 90$. It's crazy how fast that stuff adds up, the prices were super good on everything, but it still came out to be a lot. But anyways, we got back and realized I left my tablet in the laundry room at our apartment, so we rushed back to look for it, but it seems pretty gone. So we're going to wait a few days and see if it shows up at the leading office, but if it doesn't I might have to buy a replacement device. I'll let you know. It's unfortunate, but the rest of the week was so good it's be a shame to let one bad thing ruin it! So yeah, I'm excited for our people, and I'm excited for conference! It's a good time to be a missionary here, I'm really enjoying it. 😃
Show quoted text
Let me know what you need. Tablets are spendy but who knows maybe it will show up.
Yeah, we'll probably give it about a week and then see about getting a replacement. I think since all the new missionaries come in with smart phones instead of tablets now I'll end up with one of those. Which is too bad because I like the tablet, but at least I'll be up to date with what all the kids have these days. 😉
Love ya.
No comments:
Post a Comment