Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Dragon Fruit




 We had a really good week this week! Here's some stuff that happened:
The family we've been teaching came to church! And we used stratagem and got them to stay for all three classes, which was super great. The kids really liked primary, and the father who is a returning less active member said that was the first time he went to a priesthood meeting in 30 years, it made us very happy.
We were tracting in a neighborhood that was pretty dominantly Hispanic. I was the best Spanish speaker in our companionship, so our conversations were pretty simple and not very fruitful. Then we came across some little kids that asked us if we could get some of their stuff off of the roof. They supplied us with a broom, an extendable metal thing, and a somewhat unstable yard chair, and we set to work. We fastened the broom and half of the extendable metal thing together with tape, then taped the other half to both parts to stabilize it. With that contraption I was able to stand on the chair and reach the roof, and with Elder Vaivai directing me we were able to retrieve the green squirt gun and the Shopkins notebook. It was actually a lot of fun.
I also ate a bad watermelon. It looked kind of weird when we cut it open, but I tried a little and it tasted good, so I went ahead and ate a bunch of it. Then about thirty minutes later I was feeling really sick, so we had to come in so I could nap for a bit. 
Then today we went to the temple, so that was a great way to close out a really good week and a half.
So that's my week! I love you guys, have a good week!
-Elder Clark 
The pictures are me with our toy retrieval device, me at the temple, and a dragonfruit. There are so many people growing dragonfruit, and I really want to eat one, but I can't seem to figure out where to aquire one. Someday soon I'm going to get one though. 
Update: I got one!

No comments:

Post a Comment