I got the package today actually, so it showed up pretty fast. Thank you much! I was super excited when I saw something in a mason jar, homemade jam/juice/other fruit stuff is always the best. 😄 I did have a request this week. Our mission president reminded us we should only be listening to music that is legally obtained, so I deleted mostly everything from my USB because I had just taken it from other missionaries. I got quite a bit off of lds.org, but that's all we have access to on our devices so I was wondering if you could look at the website for the Tabernacle Choir and see if they have any music that's free to download on there you can send me. I feel like they'd have at least some, their website just isn't on our approved list. If you can't figure it out, don't worry about it. We can always just listen to the conference talks while we're in the car. :)
I'm finally mostly caught up in my journal, so I actually remember what to write about this week.
First, we got a notice that our carpets were going to be professionally cleaned. Which meant we had to move all of the furniture and everything off of the carpet. We don't have a lot of hard surface flooring, but after dissembling our beds and putting our bikes out our window onto the decorative patio thing, we were able to make it work... and we also got a notice from the leasing office the next day that we were not supposed to put anything onto the decorative patio thing. But, we saw it after the carpets were cleaned, so it's all good. We talked about how it was going to be a great opportunity to rearrange our furniture, then when it was time to put everything where it went we discussed for a while, then put everything exactly where it was except for one lamp. Change is hard sometimes. 😉
On Friday it rained! And there was thunder and lightning and everything! It was the first time I've seen lightning since I came to California, and the first time it's really rained since like, January. That night we also had a really cool contact with a woman named Ana. We knocked on her door, and she said she was super busy and couldn't talk to us. So we asked if there was anything we could do to help her out, and she asked us if we could go and pick up a cake because it was her boyfriend's birthday and she was running late on getting ready. So we ran over to the grocery store and bought a cake! It was really fun, and afterwards we set up a time to come visit this Sunday! She's really cool, we're super excited.
Then, to finish out the week a less active member we'd been working with and his daughter finally came to church, so that was really neat. I was happy.
And, that just about wraps it up! Hope you all have a great week! Love you!
-Elder Clark
Show quoted text
No comments:
Post a Comment