So things are about to become an adventure, one of the missionaries in the Spanish ward that covers the same area we do is going home mid transfer tomorrow, so his companion, who happens to be Elder Vanweerd from Sky View is going to be joining us and our trio will be covering both wards. So I'm in a Spanish speaking ward now! I'm super pumped, I've really wanted to learn some Spanish, and even though it's probably only for two weeks until the end of the transfer I'm hoping I'll pick up at least a little.
The rest of our week was pretty uneventful. We met a couple cool people, but pretty well every one of our lessons we had scheduled this week fell through, so there isn't much to report there.
I think the only other thing we really did this week is I made an oragami chess/checkers set one night because Elder Talanoa wanted something he could do to distract him so he doesn't snack at night. We've played a few games, I never realized how bad I am at checkers, but I'm getting a little better. ;)
That's about it. I'll let you know how speaking Spanish goes next week! Que tengan una buena semana!
-Elder Clark
Here's a picture of the chess set:
No comments:
Post a Comment