Sunday, July 29, 2018

Learning a little spanish


This week was fairly uneventful. We had a few good lessons and met some cool people to refer to the spanish missionaries and to the YSA ward, but that was mostly all that happened. I was still feeling sick, so there were two or three days that we were stuck inside. The mission nurse finally had me go into the doctor on Friday. I was thinking that it was probably a sinus infection that was causing a bunch of other symptoms, but then the mission nurse was saying all this other stuff and having me check for strep throat and things. Anywho, I went to the doctor and she asked two or three questions and said I had a sinus infection that was causing my athsma to flare up. So she gave me amoxacillin and sent me on my way. I told the mission nurse what the doctor had said and she was told me she didn't realize I had athsma and if she had she would have sent me in sooner. Sometimes I forget that athsma can make it so I have different symptoms than most people. You live and you learn though. So yeah, I've been taking my medicine since Friday, I'm feeling quite a bit better now, and that pretty much sums up our week. Oh, and on Saturday I went on exchange with the Spanish speaking missionaries in our district. I'm actually getting quite a bit better at understanding Spanish, (still super bad at speaking it) but something interesting I realized was that it is really exhausting to listen to people speak Spanish! First thing in the morning we went to a meeting with their ward mission leader, and I understood the majority of what everyone was saying, and it was pretty cool. Then throughout the day about half of our contacts were in Spanish and about half were in English, and I noticed that by the time we were heading back for dinner I felt completely exhausted and wasn't picking up a single word either of them were saying. It was kind of weird, I never really recognized that my brain could get tired before, but mine definitely did. That's about it! This week I should get feeling better and things'll hopefully be more or less back to normal. We'll see how it goes! Love you guys!

-Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment