Wow, sounds like a pretty cool week. The old testament is pretty cool, I never really read it much before my mission, but my first companion was super into the old testament, so I learned a lot about it from him. It's super cool that they made the tabernacle, that would be really cool to see. As far as things to get me, it actually would be good if you put a bit of money in my account because my brown shoes are pretty trashed.
Unfortunately I forgot to bring my journal with me, so this'll be a short email. All I can remember is that we had a really cool lesson with someone at the beginning of the week. At first he was a lot like most people we talk to, friendly, but no interest in changing. He was also low key trying to convince us we were wrong. So normally I would probably politely try to end the conversation with those sort of people because they just want to argue and it doesn't go anywhere, but we really felt like we should stay and teach him. So we kept going, and at first it was a pretty rough lesson. Then near the end of the lesson we got to the part where we shared the first vision. The spirit was so strong when we shared it with him, and even though we couldn't get him to admit he felt anything, but his attitude changed for the rest of the lesson. He was so much less critical, and at the end he committed to reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it. It was so cool.
That's all I've got. I remember it was good, but the days blend together so much and I can't remember what happened if I don't have it written down. Love you!
-Elder Clark
No comments:
Post a Comment