Tuesday, June 26, 2018

you never know when you'll be the answer to someone else's prayer!

 

I tried to make the ginger snaps, and you didn't put molasses on the recipe you sent me, so I currently have a bowl full of almost cookie dough in our fridge and I bought a jar of molasses today, I'm just not sure how much to add. It was funny because I put in all of the things you sent me and was looking at a bowl full of essentially just dry ingredients and I was like, now that can't be right... ;) Then I still wanted cookies, so I threw together some peanut butter cookies without a recipe, and they actually turned out okay! I was very proud of myself.

As far as the rest of the week, we didn't really meet anyone super interesting, but our investigator Terry we've been teaching has been doing really well. He's been thinking about the things we teach him a lot, and he's been progressing slowly but surely. When we first brought up the sabbath day he told us he was pretty sure he wouldn't be able to do it, and in our most recent lesson he committed to try to keep it as well as the rest of the ten commandments. Then he came to church on Sunday, and it was like every single speaker prepared their talk specifically for Terry. One person even stood up and told us that even though he hadn't ever done it before, he was going to put away his prepared talk and speak on something else because that's what the spirit was telling him to do, then proceeded to talk about a bunch of Terry's concerns we've been trying to address. It was so cool, always act on spiritual promptings, you never know when you'll be the answer to someone else's prayer!

That's all I really have to report this week. Happy late birthday to Ammon and happy early birthday to Josh! I hope your day was/is amazing! Life is good, the ward is great, and the mission is fantastic. I hope you all have a good one!

-Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment