I've been behind on my journal writing all week, and looking through my journal is how I remember what I want to put in these emails. The only day I have a good journal entry for is Tuesday, so I'll talk mostly about that. In the morning we went to a lesson with one of our new investigators, and she wasn't home. There isn't any free parking where she lives, and we had paid for an hour of parking expecting to be teaching a full lesson. So, we knocked on some doors around her apartment to try to make use of our parking. No one was answering doors and the area was highly hispanic so we came to the conclusion that even if someone opened their door the odds of us being able to communicate with them was slim. So we left with 40 minutes on the parking meter. But hey, someone might have been able to use it. ;) Later that day, we decided to visit a former investigator who lives close to our apartment. He was home, and he invited us in to talk to him. We said a prayer with him, then he started asking questions about the Book of Mormon. It seems that he read the whole book, including the index, and didn't really understand any of it, so I'm not really sure how to help him with that... Brownie points for reading all the way through the index though. After we finished up with him we ate dinner and went to try contacting people at a park. When we got to the park there was a kid throwing a basketball to try and get his soccer ball out of a tree. We talked to him for a minute, then continued talking to people. On the way back, we saw that things had gone exactly as you would expect and the soccer ball and the basketball were both stuck in the tree. The kid's dad had joined them at the bottom of the tree and they were both staring rather defeatedly up at the tree. So, I figured I would just climb the tree and knock them down. I did it all the time when I was little and thought it would be easy. I quickly realized I was a lot heavier and harder to pull up a tree than I used to be, but I had committed to it so I wasn't about to give up. I'm proud to say it only took about four attempts to pull myself up onto a branch, and I was finally able to get them both down. I wish I could say we had a great gospel conversation because of it, but unfortunately they only spoke Spanish, so we just gave them a pamphlet and went on with our day. It was quite an adventure though.
That's all I wrote down that seems worth repeating, so that's it for this week. Till next time!
-Elder Clark
Picture:
We were helping a member clean out their house and they had these
blocks, so we took this picture. That same member also has a son in law
who works at Disneyland, and his exact words were, "If you come back to
the mission after you're done, I insist that you call me first because I
can get you and your family in free." Then proceeded to make us promise
we would take him up on that, so maybe we will have that option after
all.

No comments:
Post a Comment