Wow, I forgot how green it gets in Cache Valley. You definitely don't see anything like that in this area. :)
This
week was really good! I got to meet most of our investigators we have
right now, and they're some pretty cool people. On Tuesday we had a
lesson with a new person who was found by the Spanish Elders in our
area, and she was pretty cool. Then on Wednesday I met an investigator
they've been teaching who would totally be ready for baptism except his
wife is against him joining our church. He told us he really wants this
and that we shouldn't give up on him, so we're trying to think of ways
to help warm her up to the church a little bit. Then there's a guy from
Germany who I think is more interested in converting us to the Catholic
church than in learning about the gospel, but we've only taught him
once, so we'll see. The other two investigators they were teaching
before I got here are a man who knows he needs to get baptized, but is
nervous about making the lifestyle changes to prepare himself for it and
a 16 year old who is practically a member already, but her dad wants
her to wait until she's eighteen to get baptized.
We also found two new investigators on Saturday!
I was going to do a baptismal interview, but it got rescheduled for a
different week, so we had an hour or so where we didn't have anything
planned. We decided to try some complexes by our apartment, but as we
were walking there the gate to get into a neighborhood Elder Vaitai had
never been able to get into was open, so we slipped in right before the
gate closed. It was like Indiana Jones, except less intense because
there wasn't a giant rock or angry tribal people behind us or anything
like that. Then the first door we knocked on someone invited us in and
we were able to teach the first lesson to a man and his wife! It was
super awesome.
There's a
few selfies we took because the street was called Panorama, except we
didn't know how to take a panorama shot, so we just took what we could
get.
Love you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment