Monday, October 3, 2016

Conference

Conference was awesome.  We went to the stake center to watch it.  The first secession on Sunday had some other members but the rest of the time it was mostly just missionaries.  One thing I really liked from general conference is that joy has little to do with the circumstances of our life, and everything to do with the focus of our life.  I've found that to be true in my life.  When I'm focusing on everything that's going wrong or that I'm not good at I am not a happy camper.  But when I'm focusing on Christ and the countless blessings in my life I'm a lot happier.
I can't remember if I told you this but when we went to the temple with Sister Simmons recent convert I got a mini scripture set for when I'm biking.  They're compact and don't weigh as much as my other set.  The only downside was they didn't sell scripture cases that size so I decided to crochet one.  We only had pink yarn and crochet cotton so I decided to Irish crochet a hummingbird for decoration.  At the store I ended up picking a sparkling dark blue yarn for the case.  It looks really good but it doesn't match the hummingbird. I finished the case a few days ago. Since I had already started the hummingbird I decide to work on that during general conference.  One of the Elders saw the hummingbird and asked if I could make a penguin.  I told him I could probably figure it out, so I might start that today.
The weather decided to drop 10-15 degrees all the sudden witch is really nice when we're on the bikes.  I could use some more deep blue, I used a lot of it on my arm.  Transfers are on the 12th so plan around that.  Also we have a recent convert with 3 year old twins that would like some ideas for keeping them entertained during sacrament meeting.   One of them likes eating crayons and the other one likes coloring on anything but paper so not coloring. 

Thanks for the pictures.  My camera needs new batteries so I will send some next week.  

Thanks for everything

Love Brit 

No comments:

Post a Comment