Monday, December 3, 2018

Rainy Days 12/3/18

I was trying to get the pictures from the rainy day attached, but they aren't working. I wrote an email though:

We had a good week here! We've been meeting a lot of people who seem interested when we talk to them and set up a time for us to come back, then don't answer the door when we come back. But, in the midst of all those we had a few lessons that happened and they were all super good lessons! My favorite one was with a guy we met Friday night. We were knocking on doors in one area, and hardly anyone spoke any English. Most of them were Vietnamese, so I couldn't even fake it with the little bit of Spanish that I know. Out of the whole night, we had one person who very briefly told us he was busy that day, but that we could come by the next day at five to share our message with him. So the next day we went back and knocked on his door. It started out the same way as all the other lessons from that week. We knocked, his wife answered and told us that he wasn't home. But then as we were walking away he pulled up in his car and told us he just had to run in and drop some stuff off and he'd come out and talk to us. He came out a couple minutes later holding his Bible and something to write with, which concerned me a little bit because I had almost exactly the same situation happen with a different guy a while back and the person sat down and tried to argue with us for the entire lesson. But blessings happened, and that was not the case this time! He was so cool! He listened to the whole thing, he asked great questions, he marked the scriptures we shared with him in his Bible, and he told us that everything we shared with him made a lot of sense! We gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he'd like to talk to us again next week! It was superb, definitely the highlight of my week.
In other news, it rained a bunch on Thursday, so that was super fun! We haven't seen a real rainstorm like that since last year. Then today, Elder Wagley, Elder Vaivai, Elder Strongo and I went to the dollar tree and bought some super cheap Christmas decorations. So now we have a tiny tree we decorated on our table and a couple other little things we still need to set up. 'Twas a fine time! Loving the work and loving life, it's a fine time to be a missionary.
Bye til next time!

-Elder Clark
Pictures:

They had Spikeball for $4.99 at the grocery store, so I bought myself an early Christmas present. It's under the tree here, but I probably won't wait til Christmas to open it.






No comments:

Post a Comment