Anywho, this week has been an adventure! Tuesday we picked up our trainees, then we had a lot of meetings. Wednesday morning we had a meeting about training, Thursday we had our regular district council in the morning, and immediately after that we went to another meeting to get our bikes and have a little safety training. Which I guess is only three, but it still felt like a lot. It was a good week though, so I'll jump right into it!
My new companion's name is Elder Wagley. He's from Minnesota and is super excited to work hard, super excited to learn how to do missionary work, super excited that different food grows here, and basically just super excited about literally everything, it's pretty cool. Our personalities are pretty different, but so far we've been getting along swimmingly anyways, so that's awesome. We've met quite a few cool people already this week, it's been a good time.
The bikes are pretty cool, the mission bought a whole fleet of brand new bicycles for all the area's they put on bike. They're pretty nice, and they have no pump tires, which I probably wouldn't buy for my own bike back home, but are pretty nice for missionary work. We spent a good amount of time patching tires last time I was on bike, so it'll be good to not have to worry about that. It's also helping me to get back in shape! My legs feel exhausted every night when we get back, which means I'm actually doing something that strengthens them a bit! ;) We all lined up and took a picture after the bike safety meeting, and so now we're all part of the California Anaheim Mission Bicycle Brigade.
Then, to finish off the week, Carissa Scott got baptized, so that was super cool. She's preobably one of the smartest 9 year olds I've ever met, and she is going to do really great. She even said she wants to be a missionary someday, how cool is that?
That's all I've got for now! Love you guys!
Elder Clark
Oh, and last P-day after I wrote my email we went to a Korean supermarket and bought some weird food! I wanted to get a jackfruit (also known as durian) but they were super expensive. So we bought a bunch of other stuff instead. It was all actually pretty good! The last pictures are some dumplings we got. We bought them because they looked like the ones off of Kung Fu Panda, then we realized we were supposed to steam them and didn't have a steamer. So we fashioned this contraption with a frying pan, the tray from our broiler, and a big metal pot. It wasn't pretty, but it worked nice and they were pretty yummy!
Pictures:
Baptism, Bicycle Brigade, Elder Wagley, and the foods




No comments:
Post a Comment