Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Thanksgiving 11/28/18

We had a great week here, we started out with Zone conference on Wednesday, so that was nice. They had two people from the mission department at Salt Lake come and talk to us about setting goals and making plans, and it was a really good training, I feel like I learned a lot. Then we went out and got to work. We met a couple cool people that night and the next day. It was a hard couple of days at the start of the week, but then I had a really good study after Thanksgiving dinner, and it's been really great since then! Always remember to read your scriptures, you'll feel happier, I promise! 
Unfortunately I left my journal at our apartment, so I can't remember too much of what we did. We were able to teach some really cool people for the first time this week though! The first one is Alex, we knocked on his door at about 8:50 one night and his dad answered and told us that he's really been wanting to have someone talk to his son about God, so he invited us in, and we were able to sit down with Alex and teach him the whole restoration! He's a super cool kid, he's kind of quiet, but really smart and understood the message we shared really well!

Then last night we were able to teach these two people Elder Vaivai and I met a while back. We taught them most of the restoration, and they said it was so cool to know that God had called 12 apostles and a prophet today just like in ancient times! So we said, "Yeah, it is super cool!" Then we taught them about the Book of Mormon and set up an appointment for next Sunday, it's super great.
We had a pretty traditional Thanksgiving dinner at our ward mission leader's house, so that was great. And that's pretty much it! Happy Thanksgiving, I love you all!
Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment