Monday, April 23, 2018

Knock again


We had a really good week! Our investigator who's on date for baptism is still doing great and we found three more people to teach this week. The first one was kind of cool, we were doing our planning for the day and I had a thought that we should go to a street called Olive. It's a really small street that only has 15 or so houses on it and I had already tracted there twice and talked to most of the people there, so I almost just dismissed the thought. Then I decided that it would be silly to not put it in since we had just prayed for the guidance of the spirit and I had the thought pop into my head. I somewhat begrudgingly put it in the schedule in the morning, and we went and knocked doors there. At first it was just like I figured it would be and nobody was interested in listening to us, but then we knocked on one door (which I almost skipped because I was pretty sure I'd already talked to someone there), and a woman answered. She told us that missionaries had talked to her husband a while back and told him they were going to come back, but they hadn't seen any missionaries since. She told us they were still interested in hearing our message so we set up a time to meet with them on Friday. The lesson went great, they're going to read the Book of Mormon and pray and we're meeting with them again next Saturday. It turns out I was actually the missionary who had stopped by the last time all the way back in December when I first came to Birch Hills so... whoops. I think we stopped by two or three times when they weren't home and just moved on, but I honestly can't remember. I think that God's hand was in that too though because they had a kid in between the first time I met them and now, so that probably would have been a good chunk of time we wouldn't have been able to teach them, and I feel like I'm quite a bit more competent at being a missionary and teaching than I was four or five months ago when I met them. 

Friday I realized that we were kind of close to our alotted miles for the month, so Friday and Saturday we planned all the places we went to be pretty much within walking distance of each other. We were really tired at the end of both days, but it was also kind of nice to have so much proselyting without interuptions from driving from place to place. We can't teach anyone the gospel while we're sitting in our car.

That's about it! This week was really good, but there wasn't too much that would really be interesting to read about. I love you!

-Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment