This week went pretty well! We were able to meet with someone I met with our ward mission leader the first week I was in this area. She was semi-interested the first time I talked to her, but I didn't write down her address, so we tried to find her a few times but could never remember what house it was and I sort of forgot about her. Our ward mission leader brought her up in a ward correlation meeting a week or two ago, then on Wednesday he joined us for some finding in the evening. We tried to visit a few people without any luck, so we decided we were going to go and find her. We knew what street it was on, so we slowly drove down it and every time we saw a house that one of us thought might be it we got out and knocked, and at the fourth or fifth house we knocked on we found her! She remembered us and let us in to share a message! She's pretty cool, she's going to read the Book of Mormon and watch President Nelson's talk from the most recent general conference.
On Thursday we did exchanges and I brought Elder Kim into my area with me. We had the slowest finding day of the entire week, but our lesson with Ali went really well and he doesn't teach many lessons in Yorba Linda, so my main goal with the exchange was to get him some experience teaching a lesson. We focused the beginning of our lesson on helping him read the Book of Mormon every day because he had been reading it often, but not every day yet. We gave him a little advice about how to remember and then on Thursday or Friday he sent us a text talking about a miracle he had at walmart while buying shoes for a new job, and he told us he's definitely going to keep remembering to read every day because he knows that it really works and the Lord really does bless him!! He also participated a lot in gospel principles class on Sunday, and he's basically just the best.
There was other stuff, but I'm kind of tired of typing, so I'll just call that good. The work's going really well, I'm loving it!
-Elder Clark
No comments:
Post a Comment