Sunday, April 15, 2018

Bee. April 2

What a week! All I could really remember after watching conference was the things that happened in conference, so I was thinking I wouldn't have much ot write about this week, but then I looked through my journal and realized that quite a lot happened. I'll just talk about a couple of the things we did. 

On Monday for the zone activity we played capture the flag with nerf guns, it was a ton of fun. I got way too into it and ended up getting sweaty and gross, so when we went back to the apartment I got ready to take a shower. Turns out that the people running our apartment decided to turn off our hot water. long story short, I took one anyways, and it was probably the coldest a human can get here in southern California. 

On Tuesday we got back into our car after knocking on some doors in our area, and I started the car, put it in drive, and looked down to see a bee sitting on my leg just above my knee. I screamed in a rather undignified way and completely forgot that the car was in drive, so my evasive actions caused the car to lurch forward, starting up the curb and towards a tree. Fortunately I pulled myself together before we actually hit anything, but it was quite the experience. In the meantime the bee was perfectly content to remain on my knee and watch me panic. It was very uncool of him. In the end I put the car in park and shooed him out with a water bottle and we went on our merry way.

Wednesday I had a pretty cool experience. We did a pass off lesson with the college age kid we've been teaching, and he asked a question about our belief that the Bible was not a complete record of all of the words of God. I then explained it in a way that I never had explained that before and quite frankly hadn't even really thought of before he asked the question, yet my response was smooth, coherent, and complete as if I had taught it that way a thousand times. I know that the Lord really does place words in our mouths as long as it's His wil and we're doing all we can to follow Him. 

Then this weekend we watched conference! How blessed we are to be able to hear from and sustain a living prophet and apostles! I'm so grateful for the words that they shared and the spirit which I felt. We certainly saw the next step in the hastening of the Lord's work in these last two days! President Nelson seemed to have a new historic announcement every time he stood up to speak. In three words Elder Holland summarized the bulk of my thoughts rather perfectly, "What a prophet!" Like him, I encourage you to "study the messages of this conference frequently, even repeatedly throughout the next six months." The spirit at the conference was almost palpable, let's continue to feel and act on that spirit as we press forward in the work of the Lord these next six months.

I love you guys!

-Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment