Sunday, April 15, 2018

Easter April 9 2018

It sounds like you had a pretty good trip. That institute class is the one I took over the summer, and I would definitely reccomend it. I think that class is probably the main reason I hurt my shoulder and couldn't do YCC, because if I remember right it was the same day as YCC practice. And if you're studying those conference talks you can't go wrong, it was a really great conference. Maybe it's just because I'm out on my mission and I'm studying the scriptures a lot more out here than I was at home, but the talks all seemed a lot more meaningful this conference. It's actually my second conference, the last one was a week or two after I got out here, but I liked this one more. For the most part we watched it with the other missionaries at the stake center, but a member let us watch the last session with them at their house. 

This week was really great! The father of the family we're teaching just had his work schedule change, so we weren't able to meet with them this week. Hopefully we'll be able to figure out a new time to meet with them because they're a really cool family. Last time we talked to them the father was reading the Book of Mormon, so I'm pretty sure they're still interested.

We did exchanges with the district leader this week. It was a really good, he gave me a few ideas for new things to try when we're knocking on doors and I got to meet a few of the investigators they have over there. We taught three or four lessons which was more than we ever get to teach in one day in our area, it was super fun. I almost didn't want to go back to my area when we were done. 😉 It was a good thing I went back anyways though, because the next day was pretty much the best day ever. In the morrning we set a goal to hand out a Book of Mormon to someone because we hadn't been able to give anybody a Book of Mormon for two weeks or so. Then at the very first door we knocked on we met a really cool highschool kid who took a Book of Mormon, set up a return appointment, and told us he wanted to tell some of the people on his baseball team about the Book of Mormon too! So, since we accomplished our goal so early in the day, we got to just go back inside and nap all day long! Just kidding, we kept going and an hour or two later we gave another person a Book of Mormon! He wasn't quite as solid as the first guy we talked to, and we weren't able to set up a return appointment, but he was really grateful for the book and said he'd definitely read it. But wait, there's more. After dinner our ward mission leader called us and said his two daughters both needed a Book of Mormon for youth conference, so we dropped two off at their house. So those two don't really count because they just went to perfectly active members, but we nevertheless had two less copies than we did before. After we gave them their books, we went to another street to go tracting. There were an unusual amount of people who were just hanging around outside, so we decided to do some street contacting instead. We had one or two good conversations, then met a really neat guy who thought it was totally cool we were talking to people about God so he took a Book of Mormon and set up an appointment for Wednesday. We wrapped up at that place and drove to the last road we were going to that night. We opened up the trunk and realized that we were fresh out of English copies of the Book of Mormon! All we had was two bibles, two El Libro de Mormons, one Romanian Book of Mormon (long story), and one copy in Farsi (a slightly shorter, but still fairly long story).

Friday through Saturday were pretty uneventful, then on Sunday one of the members of our ward brought her nephew to church. He's from Africa and was raised going to a Catholic church. He really liked our ward and he took a Book of Mormon and we're meeting with him on Thursday of this week. It was a really great week, we actually have quite a few lessons set up to break up all of our finding this week and I'm really excited. 😃 I mean, don't get me wrong, knocking on doors is great, teaching lessons is just even better!

But yeah, that was more or less my week. Hopefully as we keep working hard this next one will be even better!

Love you guys!

-Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment