Hello! This was a really great week, so I'm just going to go right into it.
The week started a little funny. Right at the end of our P-day activity Elder Wasden kicked a volleyball into my face and my glasses went down to the floor in two different pieces. For a second I thought I was going to just have to be blind until you got the other ones fixed, but fortunately all that happened was one of the lenses popped out, so we went to Wal-Mart and they were able to fix them. It was exactly like the Scott Sterling Studio C video though. They spiked it and Elder Wasden stuck his foot out and it went straight into my face. Sadly we did not end up scoring off of it, but it was really close. 😉
Tuesday we met a really cool woman who turned out to be from Delaware. She let us talk to her for a while and was really interested. We started to talk to her about how to contact missionaries in Delaware, and she told us she's going to be here in California and she'd love to meet with us again and learn more before she goes back! She's super cool, we're excited to teach her a little! Hopefully she'll want to keep learning more after she goes back home.
We were able to teach one of our two investigators again this week. We're still trying to help him understand the importance of seeking a spiritual witness of the things that we're teaching, not just learning about them temporally. He is still very interested though, we have no trouble setting up more appointments with him and last we heard he read all the way to Alma. We're actually wishing he would stop reading quite so fast because he's not giving himself enough time to apply what he reads. It's a nice problem to be having though, we can't complain. 😉
Saturday was my favorite day though. We went down to a church building in Anaheim and had a mission wide conference with Elder Uchtdorf! It was so cool, we took a big group photo with him and he just talked to us for about two and a half hours. It was phenomenal, I learned so much. I don't think I've taken so many notes in such a short amount of time in my life. There's so much he shared, I don't even know what to talk about. One thing he talked about a lot throughout the whole thing was always making the most of right now. He told us that as long as we kneel down each night and ask for forgiveness for the things that we may have not done as well as we should throughout the day and we commit to try and do better, then when the sun rises in the morning there is nothing negative about the day. We have a fresh clean slate each and every morning and we get to choose what we make of it. (He also related this to our 6:30 wake-up time. We're supposed to be excited to be waking up that early. Ugh. 😉)
But anyways, that was the week! Or at least most of it. There was also ward conference which was super good, but I've already typed a lot and I'm kind of done. So yeah, have a great week!
-Elder Clark
No comments:
Post a Comment