Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Supper Bowl

This week was pretty interesting. There's been some mold in the bathroom at our apartment since I got here and we had tried a good number of cleaning supplies on it and couldn't get rid of it. Then on last Monday the mission housing coordinators told us they had some Tilex for us at the mission office, so we picked it up and after we were done proselyting for the night I took it into the bathroom and tried it out. It was working great, so I excitedly started spraying it on all of the mold and trying to get the whole bathroom clean. After about an hour of spraying, scrubbing and rinsing, I got pretty well all of it, so I went to bed. Then I woke up the next morning and I could barely speak because my throat was so sore. Turns out they mean it when they say to only use it in well ventilated areas. (Let the records show I had the vent in the bathroom on and a second fan blowing out of the room, so I did do what I could. That bathroom is tucked back in there like a cave though.) Anyways, I just stayed in the apartment and rested most of the morning, then we went out in the evening anyways because we had a dinner appointment with a less active member. I was mostly just there because Elder Wasden needed a companion with him, I kind of just stood around and let him talk to people. It was hard to not be able to talk, but at least I wasn't just stuck inside all day. 

The next day we had zone conference, so I just sat quietly through that. The mission nurse was there at the conference, so I talked/whispered at her afterwards and told her what happened. She told if I drink lots of water and don't talk more than I have to I should be fine, and she was right, I've been a little better every day and feel fine now. :)

As far as the work goes for this week though, we had two return appointments actually happen this week! Unfortunately both of them told us at the end that they were perfectly satisfied in their own religions and didn't set up another appointment, but we did at least get to teach them, which was really great. We also had one person who had to reschedule his appointment for next week, but he actually texted us and told us he had to reschedule instead of just not showing up, and he told us he's really excited to meet with us again, he's just been really busy with work. I'm thinking he's going to be a pretty solid investigator as long as we're actually able to teach him, he seems like a real truth seeker. 

The other exciting thing that happened was we met a guy who was living out of his car who started talking to us about religion, but got sidetracked and started talking about Russia nuking us. He was kind of fun to talk to, but it was pretty impossible to get anywhere with the conversation. We were able to give him a Book of Mormon by the end of it, but any time we tried to explain what it was or why it was meaningful he would say something else and get it off topic. That's okay though, I'm grateful he was willing to talk to us, because that happened yesterday and everyone else we tried talking either ignored us or got mad at us because they were busy watching the Super Bowl. I don't know who's idea it was to have the super bowl on a fast Sunday, because we we're over here trying to not eat until dinner and everywhere we went there were people barbecuing something that smelled delicious. It was rough, but we pulled through. 

That's about all, it was a fun week. Work here is still slow, but I think things are still moving forward. And even if it's not and I'm being overly optimistic, I feel like I'm definitely becoming better from it, so it's all good either way. But, before I go... Happy Birthday Dannika!!! I hope you have a fantastic day!!

Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment