This week it rained a lot! It was so wonderful, I loved it so much! 😃 It rained all morning Tuesday while we were on exchanges. I felt a little bad because Elder Wasden left his rain jacket in our area and went over to the other area. But we had a great day in our area, so it was fine. We taught a lesson to a fellow we met about two weeks ago. He basically just wanted us over so he could tell us why our religion was wrong, but he did at least tell it to us very politely, and he even said he would read the Book of Mormon. After our visit he texted me the link to a book about why four scholars decided to leave mormonism. So maybe reading the Book of Mormon will soften his heart a little, but I'm guessing he's not going to be ready to recieve the gospel for a while. His biggest thing he was throwing at us was that there isn't conclusive historic evidence to prove that the events in the Book of Mormon really happened. I've heard that plenty of times before, but when you think about it there really can't be any undeniable evidence. We were sent here to walk by faith, not by sight. If we had perfect proof that the events of the Book of Mormon happened, everyone would join the church and there would be no need for faith. The scriptures teach us that we "recieve no witness until after the trial of our faith." As we excercise our faith and follow the principles of the gospel I know that we will recieve blessings which will confirm to us that these things are true, and like Peter we will be blessed because flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto us, but our Father which is in Heaven.
On Thursday we did a service project reorganizing things in the archives of the Brea Museam. They had some neat stuff, there was one fo those old police baton things, some typewriters, and an air raid siren. After the museum we went back to our apartment and changed. I had just worn proselyting pants to the service and only changed my shirt, and I almost forgot to change my shoes and went to our appointment in my Altras. Fortunately Elder Wasden pointed them out right before we went out the door, so I got them changed and we were on our way.
Friday it rained all day long and people kept telling us we were crazy to be out walking around in the pouring rain. I think they were crazy to be inside during the pouring rain, but I'm kind of weird. 😉
Saturday morning Elder Wasden got really sick, so we had to stay in all day. We did get transfer calls though, and I'm staying in the area, but Elder Wasden's leaving. Then on Sunday we went to church and visited a few potential investigators, but around dinner time Elder Wasden started feeling really sick again, so we went in for the rest of the day. Now we're back at the apartment typing emails and waiting for the other missionaries to come meet us so we can switch companions. The other two companionships both decided to just meet us here, so that's been really nice. They're all trying to coordinate things and we're just kind of hanging out here.
That's about it. My new companion's name is Elder Durtschi. I'd send a picture, but he isn't here yet, so maybe I'll have one next week. I do have the picture of our zone from this transfer and a picture of our whole mission with Elder Uchtdorf that's really low quality because I got it off of Facebook.
Have a good week!
-Elder Clark
No comments:
Post a Comment