Monday, March 12, 2018

The grass is greener

Thanks for the recipe, I realized last minute that this Wednesday is pie day and I couldn't pass that up. 😉 That's pretty exciting with the lockdown. I'm sure stuff like that happens pretty frequently where I'm at, but nothing like that ever really happens in Cache Valley. 😉 

I have a new companion this week, his name is Elder Durtschi and he's also from Utah. I didn't take any pictures with him, but they'll take one of us at zone conference next week, so you can see what he looks like then. Truth be told we aren't getting along great so far. He kind of just, doesn't talk to me unless he needs to. Or if he doesn't like the way I'm doing something.  I'm not sure if he doesn't like me or if he's just a quiet person, but he talks to other missionaries lots when we're with them, so... I dunno. Elder Wasden and I didn't get along great when we first became companions either though, so it'll hopefully get better. 

Enough of that though, the week went pretty good aside from that. We were finally able to meet with someone Elder Wasden and I met like 2 months ago and he's awesome!! He's still super busy, but he was like, "I won't be able to meet for another two weeks because work's crazy, but that'll hopefully give me lots of time to get into the Book of Mormon before you come back." Cool guy. :)

Friday we were able to teach another guy. We met him on Monday or Tuesday and he's really awesome. He's also reading the Book of Mormon and we're teaching him again Wednesday. 

The only other notable event is that it rained a ton on Thursday! It was great, people were still not interested, but they were a lot nicer because they were like, "Wow! You guys are out in the rain? You must be cold!" We had one guy give us an umbrella and another family offered us coffee, which we obviously didn't accept, but the thought was nice. 😉 I also took a really cool picture of my nametag. I looked down and the rain had covered it in perfect water droplets, so I wanted a picture. Dad will be so proud of me, I was like, "I'll take it in the grass, but it'll look better with something red because those colors compliment each other." So as we were walking I was looking for something red, and behold and lo, there wer some cut off branches with red leaves lying on the sidewalk. So I picked one up and started looking for a green lawn. Unfortunately, all the lawns were terrible because it's only rained three times in the past 38 years. So I was carrying this red flowery looking branch thing as we knocked on ten or fifteen houses. Finally, we came across a green lawn, and it was a glorious day. The family that lived in the house was pretty cool too, so bonus! Here's the picture, y'all have a great week!

-Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment