Everybody's emails came in late this week, so I didn't see the emails you or dad sent until after P-day was over. I offer congratulations and condolences to Ammon on his science fair project, it's not every day you accidentally win a science fair. 😉 As far as racism in California, I've run into a lot of people who think we're a racist church, but aside from that I really haven't seen any racism. So that's good I guess. We haven't gotten much snow here either, surprise surprise. 😉 It did get all the way down to like, 34° one night, but it warmed up and felt really nice during the day. Today is transfer P-day, but Elder Wasden and I are staying here, so it's basically like any other Monday. I finally made it an entire transfer in one area. The work in this area has been slower than in the YSA or the first area I was in, but it's nice to be able to compare the start of this transfer to the start of last transfer. The potential investigators we have now are more solid than anybody we had in the area book when I got here, so even though it's moving slowly the work is definitely progressing, we just have to keep working hard and I'm sure it'll continue to get better.
I don't have a ton of time left, so I'll just share two or three things that happened this week. First one was I had a really good exchange with our district leader Elder Paulson this week. We just knocked on a ton of doors all day long, and he showed me how he and his companion had been setting daily goals in the morning, and I really liked it. It really helped to have something achievable to shoot for, and I think it helped us work harder throughout the whole day. Our hard work paid off, we were able to talk to a lot of people and we set up four return appointments, two of which were with really cool people. There was one woman who was carrying a whole bunch of stuff out of her house, and we were able to help her out with that, which was super awesome because the people we meet in California never accept when we offer to help them out. We were able to teach her a lot about the Book of Mormon and she said we could come back and teach her more, we should be teaching her in the evening today. Then at the end of the night we met a really cool person who moved to California from Hungary. Setting realistic goals and making plans to accomplish those goals really works.
We met quite a few other cool people this week, but at least half of them were young single adults. Younger people just seem to be more open to listening to us than older people, so we just send all of them over to the zone leaders. Except for one person we didn't send to the zone leaders because I was in a hurry and accidentally sent the text with the refferal to the Bank of America. We got it figured out and sent her to the zone leaders too, but now the Bank of America knows that we taught someone about the Book of Mormon and she wants to learn more about it on a Wednesday around four. Maybe if we're lucky they'll send a representitve and they can join them for the lesson.
That's pretty much it. .Good to hear from you, I love you all.
-Elder Clark
No comments:
Post a Comment