Monday, January 8, 2018

Rain

Tell the Richins thank you so much, I'm so grateful for everyone that's helped pay for my mission. I kind of wish I had done something to pay for some of it myself, but I'm glad I have so many friends and family supporting me. I actually haven't got the rain jacket yet, it's been warm enough my sweater has been plenty though. I just haven't found one I like that doesn't have a logo on it and is mission approved. That's all I have as far as introduction to this email, so I'll just go right into it.

On Wednesday we had something kind of funny happened. I walked up and knocked on this door with a big open window, and after a few seconds this woman walked past and turned and saw me and Elder Wasden standing there. She was super startled and jumped way back, then came back and opened the door. She told us that she hadn't heard us knock, and we apologized for scaring her. We started to talk to her when her two year old son came running up behind her wearing no clothes. She looked super flustered and told us that it really wasn't a good time. So I asked if there would be another time that would be better and she told us to come back in an hour or two. I'm pretty sure she only invited us back because she was so flustered by the situation, but we were able to come back after dinner and share the whole restoration, it was really great. 

On Saturday we rode down in the morning to help a woman clear a bunch of stuff out of her apartment. We got to the apartment and I locked up our bikes and realized that I had left the key to the bike lock back at our apartment. So after we finished the service we spent most of our morning walking to get our bikes unlocked. The evening went really well though, we were able to find get in contact with an investigator who fell of the face of the earth for a while, and he's still really interested, he's just been pretty busy lately. We have his phone number, so hopefully we'll be able to set up a lesson soon. 

Back on P-day last week there was this butter pecan cake mix in the clearance rack at Target for 74 cents, so naturally I bought one. On Thursday I made it and frosted it with whip cream and caramel sauce, and it was basically the greatest thing ever. So today when we went grocery shopping I went right to the baking aisle to see if they had more that was still on sale. They did, so I bought four packages of cake mix and another tub of whip cream for less than five dollars. Mission life is pretty great. 😉 

Today it's raining!! It's so wonderful, I love the rain so much. It's the first time it's rained during the day since I came out on my mission, and it's just made me super happy today. I hope all of you are having happy days too!! Love you guys!

-Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment