Hello!!
I keep forgetting it's November already. It was over 100° last week and it's been in the seventies all this week, so it's crazy to think that it's snowing back home.
I can read emails during the week, but I don't usually think about them very much until P-day since I can't respond. So feel free to keep sending them earlier if you want, I'm fine either way.
We went to a barber shop last Monday, and he did fine on Elder Mills and Elder Baker, but he just chopped mine super short, I could have done the same thing myself and not had to pay any money. So, since I don't like my haircut at all, I didn't take any pictures for you this week. Maybe it'll look better by next Saturday. ;)
On Halloween I was studying the section in Preach my Gospel about helping people overcome addictions because we have an investigator who's trying to overcome some word of wisdom problems. At The end of the section there was a suggestion for a personal study activity that said, "Think of some habit you have—something you do frequently, without thinking, such as cracking your knuckles, adjusting your glasses, eating too much, or sleeping too late. Now try to go one day without doing it once. When you succeed, try to go a whole week without doing it... Then try to imagine how much harder it is for an investigator to conquer an addiction such as tobacco or alcohol abuse." I decided to give it a try, so this week I've been trying not to do my little pen spinning thing. It was super cool because on Thursday we met with that investigator at about 7 P.M. and we found out that he had gone the whole day without drinking any alcohol, and I hadn't even made it to lunch time without spinning my pen. It really testified of the things we can accomplish when we have the Lord on our side. He's having more success fighting alcohol than I am stopping my little pen thing, and that's not even an addictive substance. It's been so awesome to see how much progress he's made since we met him, he's basically the best.
Nothing else very noteworthy happened until Saturday when we got to go to the Newport Beach grounds tour! It's a super small temple, but it's beautiful, I'm super excited for when I get to go inside. After the temple tour Elder McMurrey gave us the old Placentia zone leaders phone. They had us keep our other phone since some of our investigators already have that number, so we have two phones now. The first day was adventure because the Placentia phone was dead when Elder McMurrey gave it to us, so we we're trading the one good battery between the two phones so we didn't miss any texts from anyone on either phone.
Then on Sunday we went to church, which was super good. So yeah, it was kind of a slow week, but it was good. That's all for now, talk to you later!
Love Elder Clark
No comments:
Post a Comment