Not a lot happened for the first half of this week, we knocked on a lot of doors but did not teach very many people. Then on Thursday we had another lesson with the girl at the institute. She's so solid when we're actually able to teach her, but she's super hard to contact. On Friday we had zone conference which was super duper good. We talked about how to have more effective conversations with people when we're finding and then did a whole bunch of practice so everyone could get it down better. I still wouldn't say that I'm good at talking to people, but I do feel like I've been significantly less awkward as I've tried to apply the stuff we talked about.
On Sunday morning we taught a lesson to the girlfriend of a returned missionary. She's super awesome, she came up and asked us for a Book of Mormon last Sunday, and she apparently read all of the lesson pamphlets before we even started teaching her. She had a bunch of really good questions. She said she grew up Catholic, but stopped going because she didn't like a lot of the stuff the Catholic church does, then she said she liked our church a lot more because the things we do make a lot more sense. She's super cool, we should have another lesson or two with her next week.
Today we're having a combined P-day activity with the Spanish missionaries that cover our zone, so we're super excited. Apparently there have been some ill feeling between Spanish and English missionaries in the past, so President Golden is having us do more combined things so we can interact with them more and eliminate any such contention. We're super pumped, it should be really fun.
The only other thing is Saturday, which was so crazy I was going to just skip over it, but I think I am going to tell you about it and just not go into a ton of detail. Basically one of our most progressing investigators, the one who was overcoming Word of Wisdom problems, went to jail because he got drunk and stabbed his girlfriend. The girlfriend is doing okay, she was actually the one who texted us and told us about it. But yeah, we dropped him and probably aren't going to be meeting him again any time in the near future. California is a crazy place.
Anyways, other than that we're doing good! I still, don't have any pictures because I still think my hair looks dumb, but I love you all!
-Elder Clark
No comments:
Post a Comment