Monday, October 30, 2017

Pumpkin carving

I'm glad to hear things are going so great over there. :) Just so Ammon knows, Madi said she went to watch one of Sky View's practices and she said and I quote, "Ammon is one of the best players on the mixed team. I'm not even exaggerating! He went for and caught catches that many of the other kids probably wouldn't have tried to get." So yeah, he's basically the best. ;) 

After P-day we met someone who has a lot of word of wisdom problems, but wants to change. He was pretty drunk, so we just shared a scripture and set up a time later in the week when we could meet while he's sober. Then we went to the FHE activity and carved some pumpkins. We showed up pretty late and we talked to people for a while, so I only had about fifteen minutes to actually carve a pumpkin. I tried to make the angel Moroni, it sorta worked. 

Tuesday I did my first exchange where I was the person that left the area, so that was pretty exciting. The area I went to was on bike, so I got to ride a bike around all day. It was hot, and I was pretty sore the next morning, but it was a lot of fun. I got along really well with Elder Tousley. When I got back the 104° weather had baked our pumpkins, so it looked like a shriveled up mushroom. It's crazy that it's almost November, with the heat it feels like it's still June. 

Wednesday we did a lot of finding without a lot of success, but then at the very end of the day we met a fellow with a cool beard, and we set up an appointment to teach him the next day.

Thursday we went to our lesson with the guy with the beard, and it went great! He understood it really well and he wants to get baptized! Then we went to the institute and taught the less active member we met there last week, and we taught the girl from institute last week and set a date for her to get baptized too! They're both super awesome, I'm really excited we get to work with them. 

Not a lot happened on Friday. We taught the guy with the word of wisdom problems, and he was still drunk. So we shared a scripture and told him we'd come by in the morning since he doesn't start drinking until the evenings. 

Saturday we went over at 10:30 and he had just woken up, so he hadn't drank any alcohol. We taught him about the gospel of Jesus Christ and set some goals to help him stop drinking. He understood everything really well, and He said he thinks he's ready to join the church! 

Sunday morning my brilliant companion put hydrogen peroxide in his eye. He said his peripheral vision was being weird, and apparently that was his solution. It burned his eye, and he had to rinse it with water for like, five straight minutes. His vision did go back to normal though, so maybe he was on to something. Anyways, after that fiasco we went to our meetings and church. There were supposed to be four of our investigators there, but when sacrament started we still didn't have anyone. At the end of sacrament meeting we realized that one had come in late and sat in the back, and he had a really great experience, which was super cool. 

That's mostly it for the week. Today I got a haircut, and I'm not sure why I paid $6.50 for it, he just cut the whole thing super short, I probably could've done it myself. It's all good though, now I won't need another haircut for a while. ;) That's about it, love you all!

Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment