Sunday, June 9, 2019

May 27 2019

Oh, there's one other funny thing that happened this week that I forgot to say in the call. So we ran into a woman who was deaf and knew ASL, so we called the ASL sisters who work in our area. They didn't answer, but instead of their voicemail playing when the call ended like normal, it told us to enter our password like it does when we are checking or changing our voicemail. With the mission phones, the password for the voicemail is almost always the last four digits of our phone number, so I tried entering in the last four from their phone, and it let us in. So, Elder Vaivai and I decided it would be super funny to try changing the voicemail to something, so we changed it to say we were the missionaries in the branch instead of them. Then we called again and it actually worked! They were so confused, it was super funny. 

I got a paper today that's titled "Info Request for Travel Arrangements" 😓 It says my scheduled departure date is August 27th and I'm supposed to check with you to make sure there isn't a conflict with that day. It feels super weird how close that's getting. It doesn't feel like that long ago that I was one of the newer missionaries out here, and now basically everyone out here hasn't been here as long as I have. It's alright though, we'll just keep on working as hard as we can. 👍🏻 Here's the group email I'm sending:

Hello! We had a very good week this week! I'll go ahead and get to it. 

On Monday, we were able to teach Manny, and he told us that he had brought the Book of Mormon with him to the DMV to make sure that he had the chance to read it. It was super cool, he's such an awesome guy, we just need to get him and his family to come to church and things are going to be good. 

Tuesday I was in the next ward over for a little bit because one of the companions is still unable to go out. We were driving to a contact there and looking for a place to park, when suddenly a rooster walked out into the middle of the road. I hit the brakes so as not to hit him, and he kind of stared us down for a while. As we sat there we cast our eyes around and realized that there was not one, not two, but seven or eight roosters in the surrounding area. We couldn't believe it, normally there aren't any animals at all in our part of California, let alone 8 roosters in one place. 

We also met a bunch of new people who we were able to start teaching this week. Heavenly Father blessed us with a lot of opportunities to share this message, and we were able to find a few people who want to learn more. It's cool to see how He can put us in people's paths right at the time that they are ready to change, it's one of the many things that strengthens my testimony that He is there and that He is mindful of me. 

-Elder Clark

Pictures: 


Selfies after district council and out finding.


Elder Hart opened his fruit rollup, and there were two inside. That's what you call pure happiness.


Breakfast on the last day of the week before we go shopping on P-day when rations are scarce.

No comments:

Post a Comment