Sunday, January 15, 2017

Snow Days

This week we had freezing rain and all are appointments canceled because of the threat of snow.  We made the mistake of parking in the shade so we had to wait a few hours for the doors to thaw out enough for us to get the doors open.  Probably a good thing, it gave the black ice on the rode time to melt.  We found a puzzle in the apartment so we worked on that, cleaned the apartment, and called people.  Once we were able to pry some of the doors open we went to see a few people that we haven't been able to see in a while.  More people were home than usual.  We heard a lot of stories about "Snowmageddon."   About two years ago Georga got two inches of snow.  Everyone panicked and stopped driving. Cars were left abandoned on the interstate.  Now everyone has blankets and snacks in there car in case that ever happens again.  Not something you see in Utah.  
I'm doing good.  I'm glad we got me that coat while I was still in Utah.  Most people here consider a jacket a coat, witch is good most of the year but right now its nice to have something that is actually made for freezing weather.  I'm also realizing the importance of making sure any tights I get are fleece linened.

No comments:

Post a Comment