So far this week has been pretty good. My hand is starting to feel a little better now. I have a doctors appointment today to see how it's doing. Could you email me Dad's birthday? Apparently I need it for the insurance and I have no idea how old he is. A lot of people this week have asked me what the weirdest thing I've eaten on a mission is. So far it would have to be carrot cake that didn't cook all the way so our host threw it in a blender and served it with a spoon. The worst tasting thing would have to be candied bacon that was "a little over done". It was charcoal. The grossest thing I put in my mouth was a sandwich that I didn't realize was moldy until I had taken a bite. Apparently they had been running behind schedule so they had their son make sandwiches, because you can't mess up sandwiches. Dinner got revised to potato salad and ice cream. I didn't get sick so guess I can't really complain.
Yesterday we helped a less active member make jewelry. It was a lot of fun. I learned how to dry flowers and keep there colors. You just stick them in the microwave for about 30 sec between paper towels and normal paper with something heavy on top to press them flat. She also just got a rock tumbler and has been asking me how to use it. When then got out to our car to realize that someone had parked their truck in front of it and we couldn't get out. So we had some unexpected tracting in the rain for half an hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment