All we ate this week was thanksgiving food. Before Thanksgiving we had 2 meals where the family had celebrated Thanksgiving the Saturday before the actual holiday and gave us leftovers. Then on Thanksgiving we had late Thanksgiving lunch and Thanks giving diner. We were so full. Then on Saturday we had another Thanksgiving lunch. In that family they had mostly cookies for desert. They were good. One Southern dish that everyone had was a green casserole with onions on top. The other thing that everyone made was homemade macaroni and cheese. No one had apple pie though.
One thing I learned this year is the difference between stuffing and dressing. Stuffing is made with normal breadcrumbs while dressing is made with cornbread crumbs.
If you haven't already seen the new light the world Christmas video you should look at it. I'm going to be doing a lot of stuff on the 25 day calendar and I think it would be a fun thing to do as a family.
For Christmas I would like the city harbor album, adult coloring book, origami, and a Book of Mormon with everyone's testimonies in it.
Tell Ammon to get better soon
Love ya
Brit
More from her letter to me. "Transfers were good. This was the first time I didn't have to pack up all my stuff and head out so that was kinda nice. There's now three of us covering two areas so we're keeping busy. It also means we're getting fed more so we had 3 Thanksgiving meals. One of them was on Saturday. They were a lot of fun and we had a lot of good food. One of them sent us home with a desert platter. I think the pecan brittle was my favorite. Yesterday we came home from diner and found a bunch of cockroaches in our dishwasher all over our clean dishes. That was not fun. Other than that things have been going well. The new Light the world Christmas cards are awesome. There's a Christmas Parade in a few weeks and we're going to hand a lot out then."
ReplyDelete