Monday, June 13, 2016

Mission Home

 June 13 2016
I'm doing good, just finished reading emails.  I found a ring that looks like it's carved out of an antler that I'm thinking of sending.
On the flight to Atlanta I sat next to someone who slept the entire trip and someone with headphones in.  I took the opportunity to take a nap
I'm in Sharpsburg Georga.  
We live in a basement of someone in the relief society presidency, I can't remember what here exact calling is.  There's a trail in her backyard that leads to a lake that we have permission to walk around.  The magnolia trees are in bloom. There are squirrels everywhere.
Find out if I should send a report of the different birds I see or if that will just drive Dad nuts.   I keep seeing a jay in the yard, bright blue, black mask, white chest.
I saw two cardinals, one of our new investigators builds birdhouses and enjoys watching them.   
 
Also on the trail in our backyard we found big metal thing that almost looks like a flatbed, but almost train sized.  I'll get pictures this week and send them.  
The last mission president was anti tech so when Atlanta was suppose to get tablets, they didn't.  Supposedly they are getting them soon, but they've been saying that for the past year.
My companion, Sister Sutten,  has decided to do a deep clean since her last companion never did.  Judging by the dead lizard under the shelf, a lot of missionary have had the "I'll leave it for the next group" attitude.
My closet has a secret passage way to the storage room.  My companion didn't know that and this is the second time she's lived there. 
I'm in the countryside and the air's clear here.  This week hasn't even been very humid.  There's also a dehumidifier in our basement that helps.  My asthma is doing a thousand times better that I was expecting.  We haven't finished dusting yet so we'll see how that goes.  But my allergies are doing well.
Other news, the Sister that was here before me went home to Africa and couldn't take everything with her.  Now have three more skirts and blouses.  I also inherited a scarf, a box of chocolate, peanut-butter filled pretzels and a box of granola bars.  
It's about time for me to rap up.  Love you.
Sister Britney Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment