Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Getting into the routine

 June 20 2016

Hi  Mom. I think I left my penny whistles in my black messenger bag in Calvin's bathroom. I got the pillow and jewelry sorter.  My companion was about to go buy a new pillow because there was only one good one between the two of us so it was well received. The letter Josh sent me also said don't die.  Made my day.  This week in sacrament I played Love at Home on the violin with Sister Minic.  Her family has four or five violins and there letting me borrow the one they got from a pawn shop.  When I met the singles ward bishop, after I introduced myself, he said "And I here your a violinist."  I see a lot of musical numbers in my future.  

     I cant remember if I told you last time, but because we have the Sharpsburg and YSA wards we have church at the 9:00 and 1:00 blocks.  Even though we have the same lessons in both, I get different things out of it and different insights form different people.  
 
     We do have investigators and a few what my companion calls internigators (people making slow progress).  One of them is a chatty Cathy and is constantly looking stuff up on her own.  She read about eternal marriages and wants that.  
Someone we just found while trakting is supper into family history, and wants to know more about why Mormons do family history.  
Another investigator is reading the Book of Mormon and researching everything. We really have to do our homework with him and that's helping me grow as well.
there's a few more but I'm running short on time.
 
     In the ward news letter they like to have who the missionaries in the area are and what we like.  I mentioned that I did karate and in the letter it was bolded with exclamation points.  
So far I haven't had any fried food.  Most people in this area work at delta airlines so they're not necessarily from the south.  I have had authentic Indian (from India) food and Mexican from a YSA member that served in Mexico.  
 
     This week we had zone conference.  It took most of the day and talked about letting the spirit  teach and how to get families to pray.   Lunch was chicken salad sandwiches and homemade chocolate chip cookies.  Sister Sutten had chicken salad wraps and chocolate covered mangoes.  
I sent Dad a father's day card.  Let me know how the post office does this time.

Love 
 Britney

1 comment:

  1. Britney, it sounds like your mission is going well! There are a lot of opportunities for your testimony to grow. It's so exciting to see!

    ReplyDelete