Sunday, July 14, 2019

7/8

Our week went well, the California Anaheim mission and the California Long Beach mission are officially combined into one mission. Transfers have not happened as of yet though, so things haven't changed much yet. We did have a big combined MLC with all of us together though, so that was pretty exciting. Two missionaries who I had a pass off lesson with back in A3 were there, so it was cool to see them again. We got to talk about how to help the two missions merge as smoothly as possible, and it's really exciting. We have different strengths throughout the two missions, and I think with the merge we'll be able to learn a lot from each other.
We also had two earthquakes this last week. They were really big, but far enough away from us that they didn't hurt anyone. We definitely felt them though, they were pretty hard to miss. The second one probably lasted between 45 seconds and a minute, which is quite a while for the earth to be shaking. We did get to have a pretty good conversation because of it, it happened as we were talking to someone outside their house, and she told us to get under her doorway 'cuz that's what you're supposed to do. Then we got to talk with her for quite a while after that, and she ended up saying that she and her boyfriend should have us over for dinner so we can share a little more sometime, so it was pretty cool!
One other wild adventure from this week, then I probably have to go. I was on exchanges on Wednesday with an elder named Elder Feldman, and we had district council. We decided that after we finished planning we would go over to the church building and do our personal study there so we weren't late. It was a good thing we did, because otherwise we would have been suuuuper late. We walked outside, and I opened the back door of our car to hang up my suitcoat because I don't usually wear it while I'm driving. Then, lo and behold where I wanted my suitcoat to be hanging there was a gigantic, circular spiderweb that had been spun overnight. The architect of which was nowhere in sight. Elder Feldman and I looked around for a bit and brainstormed what to do. We decided we weren't adequately equipped, so we went back into the apartment to see what we had available to us. After poking around a bit we found a nearly empty can of raid and a couple of tennis racquets. So we ventured back out with raid in one hand and tennis racquet in the other. We opened all the doors and decided I would spray a little raid on the web to see if we could draw the spider out. So I gave it a little spurt and a gigantic, striped monstrosity crawled out from behind the handle above the door. A tremendous battle ensued from which we we're gratefully able to emerge victorious. So, we ended up showing up just in time for district council without any time at all for personal study. It was quite an adventure.
Well, gotta go! Love you all, make sure to make this week a good one!
Elder Clark



No comments:

Post a Comment