Well, this week has been pretty great. Elder Hart and I just jumped right into it, and it was a blast. Tuesday was pretty wild, we were doing stuff with the truck all day Tuesday until the evening. We had a really good lesson with Santiago, and he has been reading the book of Mromon and liked it a lot! He feels like it's true, so all we have to do now is help him make the connection between the Book of Mormon being true and the restoration happening. So he's making a lot of progress, we're really excited to keep working with him! we also had another lesson with Manny where we read the Book of Mormon with him and he was asking a ton of questions because he just really wanted to understand what the chapter meant. It was pretty cool, he's a very humble guy who has a strong desire to learn, and it's nice to see. We met a couple really cool new people who are really excited to hear about the gospel, I wish I had time to talk about all of them, but there were quite a few and I don't.
We also had a couple fun little experiences this week. We got home on Sunday and Elder Hart wanted to have a peanut butter and banana sandwhich, but we didn't have any bananas. So we walked around to the other side of the complex because there's a set of missionaries working in the next ward over who live in that complex and we were going to ask them for a banana. But, they weren't at home, so we walked down the stairs and there was an open door on the right. Elder Hart just turned the corner and said, "Hey, is there any chance we could have a banana?" The people thought it was really funny, and they did give us a banana, so it was a score there.
Another thing that was kind of cool this week was we went to a park to try contacting some people there. We started talking to a group of highschool kids at the skatepark, and after a little while we asked them if they wanted to hear a message about Jesus Christ. One of them said he'd be down to do it, and all his friends said they'd listen too! So we went around into the skate park and the next thing we knew we were standing there with a group of 7 or 8 people preaching soapbox style to the whole group of them!! It was super duper fun, I've always wanted to do something like that, and now I have.
We had some other good things happen, but I'm really out of time to write, so we'll call that good for this week. I love you!!
-Elder Clark
No comments:
Post a Comment