Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Christmas

Hey everybody! I hope your Christmases were all fantastic!! So much happened and I only have so much time, so I'll just talk about three or four things that happened, which is a bummer because this week was the best. 

First, We found two new investigators and a bunch of other awesome people who aren't new investigators yet, but probably will be as soon as we contact them after New Years. There was one person who was so prepared he barely even needed us there. He asked me for a church tour, told us to teach him a lesson, and asked for a Book of Mormon before we even had the chance to offer any of them. He's so ready to learn the about the gospel. And he wants us to teach his wife and daughter too, he's just too cool, I still can barely believe it. 

Second, I was in my first car accident since I came out to the mission field. We were riding with the ASL missionaries to ask someone in our ward to get them into the family history center, and someone nailed our rear bumper while we were at a red light. It's kind of silly that I was in a car for my first two transfers, then I go to a biking area and get in a car accident. No one was hurt though, so it's alright. 

Third, we had a super cool zone conference/Christmas devotional. If you ever get the chance, listen to In the Bleak Midwinter, it's super cool. Then after zone conference we did studies and went to dinner, and while we were at dinner the grandson of the people feeding us told us to come outside and look at this super weird thing in the sky. We went out there, and in the middle of the night sky there was a white cloud with light shining down from it. We literally thought is was the second coming for a minute, but then we found out it was a trail left by a rocket with supplies for the international space station, and since it was only a little bit after sunset the light was diffused through the cloud and made it look like a pillar of light. So yeah, go science.

Finally, because it's Christmas time we've done a fair amount of caroling, and it was super fun. The best night was when we did it in the Brea Hills area and gave away wrapped copies of the Book of Mormon while we did it. We gave away six copies and got them three return appointments, it was great. Plus, there was one guy who opened the door and started conducting us like a choir, and our small group of relatively unskilled missionaries actually followed him really well, better than the choir I sang in junior year of high school usually did! 😉 We sounded pretty good!

And a spiritual thought for Christmas! In 3 Nephi 18 Christ says, "Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up—that which ye have seen me do." I've had so much fun participating in the Light the World initiative and teaching people about Christ during this season. Lots more people actually talk to us, they have a hard time being impolite when you ask them if you can talk about Christmas. 😉 It's a bit of a shame to me when people follow His example and serve their fellow men at Christmas time, then forget them all and serve themselves through the rest of the year. So, my challenge for you all is to do as Christ did and serve others this year. If you participated in the Light the World initiative, that's fantastic, keep it up! If you didn't reach out this season, what better time to start than today? 

That's what I've got this week. Merry Christmas everybody! Thanks to all of you for being such awesome people!!

Love, Elder Clark

Also, here's a picture of our Christmas tree and our zone at President Golden's Christmas lunch at the mission home.

No comments:

Post a Comment