Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Calvin Clark MTC

Hi mom, the first few days have been really good. It's been hard work, but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It's been super spiritual and quite a bit of fun too. On the first day we had a really cool devotional, the three members of the MTC presidency and their wives spoke to us and welcomed us to the MTC. Then we sang Bring the World His Truth I think? I have trouble remembering what it's  called, but anyways they changed the words from "we will be the Lord's missionaries" to "we are now the Lord's missionaries." It was a really cool moment to just realize that I'm here and I'm a missionary now. The spirit was super strong. After that we met our zone leaders. They seemed pretty craz better y, but they've been here a while and they're only here until Monday, so I'm pretty sure they're really itching to get out into the field. My companion's name is Elder Hart. We get along really well. He's really social and talkative, which is pretty nice most of the time. He kind of didn't give me much room to talk in our first meeting with our investigator, but we talked about it and our next lesson was better. It's hard to know the right things to say, but I have faith that it'll get better with practice. I really like my district, they're all really cool people. They do make me miss my frisbee friends a bit, but I like them all, I really can't complain. I feel like I'm getting a lot better at loving people like Christ did. There was one devotional where we listened to recordings from some investigators talking about themselves so we could practice making inferences about people from things that they tell us. Even though they were just recordings I felt an overwhelming love for them and just wanted to help however I could. It was really neat. Today in the morning we got to go to the temple and it was beautiful.  I think that's pretty well it. I'm having trouble figuring out a good way to make the group email work, this email app is weird, but I wanted to at least get one to you.
I love you guys! 
-Elder Clark
 
Oh, and I also wanted to tell dad that I found out that Elder Hart's dad also served in Japan. So that's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment